The Information That We Collect
Crystal Payroll operates the website www.crystalpayroll.com. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of this site:
- Personally Identifiable Information: This is personal information provided to us by you throughout the course of carrying out our business, including where you register for services that we may offer and where we provide these services to you. Depending on your interactions with us, the personal information that we may collect and hold include:
- your name, address, email address, contact number(s);
- information about your preference for products and services we offer from time to time;
- any information you may provide to us through customer surveys;
- any additional information you provide, such as communications with us, when you contact us, log in to our websites, or call us; and
- any other information that you authorise us to collect.
Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data: This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our site. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
- This information is generated by our Systems as they track traffic through our site. The information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personal identifiable information that you may have provided.
- We may use aggregated data to help us understand how you use our products, services, sites and channels, and how we can improve your experience.
- If we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat that combined data as personal information as “personal information”” in accordance with this Policy.
Collection Of Personal Information
We may collect information about you, when:
- you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services;
- you register for our email newsletters, events or other promotions;
- you complete our online forms.
- third parties provide us information where you have authorised this; and
- the information is publicly available.
When you provide us with your personal information, you are consenting to our use of such information and our right to disclose it to third parties.
Storage Of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to protect and keep secure the personal information we hold, however no method is completely secure and we are not responsible for any breach of security caused by third parties. You are responsible for ensuring your internet browser and computer system are secure and can support any security measures we use to protect your information and for keeping any log-in details safe and confidential at all times.
How We Use This Information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services;
- To process any transactions that you might make on our site;
- To help provide any other services that you have requested;
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests;
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake;
- For our other business purposes;
- For any other purposes authorised by you or the Act; and
- To comply with any laws in New Zealand.
Who We Share This Information With
Generally, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for them to use for their own purposes. However, we may disclose your personal information:
- To third party service providers that host the information or support our services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services. Our agreements with these third party service providers protect the information that we collect from any use by them that we have not authorised;
- To third parties who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority) or any other person authorised by the Act or other law (e.g. a law enforcement agency); and
- to any other person or entity to whom you have consented us to disclose your personal information.
In general, the third party providers we use will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. We won’t sell your personal information to third parties without your express consent.
What About Cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can:
- Track traffic patterns to our site;
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown; and
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
Access Or Correct Your Personal Information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to request access to any readily retrievable personal information we hold about you. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access is provided (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you).
If the information held by us is incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, then you may ask us to correct the information and we will either correct the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
If you want to exercise the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
There are certain circumstances permitted under the Act where we might not be able to fulfil your request. We will let you know the reasons in writing.
What About Our Business Partners?
Opting In And Opting Out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Can We Change This Policy?
In order to reflect the fact that our business is growing constantly, we reserve the right to change this policy at any time. We will notify site users of any changes to this policy. Your continued use of the site will indicate your acceptance of the updated policy.
Payroll involves the collection and management of confidential personal and financial information about you and your staff. Crystal Payroll will never disclose this information except as needed in order to complete the services that we have agreed to provide you with.
Employer Payroll Processing
We manage and store a range of organisational, financial and personal information on behalf of your organisation, for the purpose of processing your payroll. This information is used solely for the completion of this activity. This information is never made available to any other parties, except for the information transfer directly required to complete your payroll. (For example, transmitting direct credit files to our bank, sending your tax details to Inland Revenue, sending payroll deduction schedules to deduction agencies).
Employees may access their own payroll information but authorisation to do this is given by the employer. It is the employer’s full responsibility to monitor and control access by their staff.
Privacy Concerns, Questions Or Complaints
Crystal Payroll Limited
PO Box 36-388, Northcote
Auckland 0748, New Zealand
Ph: +64 9 480 0123
Once we receive your complaint, we will respond to you within a reasonable timeframe and advise whether we agree with your complaint. If we do not agree, we will provide our reasons. If we do agree, we will advise what (if any) action we consider appropriate to take in response. If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by following the contact instructions at https://www.privacy.org.nz/about-us/contact/